Thieu Tri Tomb Hue
Thieu Tri tomb - Hue
Thieu Tri Tomb also known as Xuong Tomb, turned northwest - a direction hasn't ever been used in the large architectural works of Hue at that time.
Thieu Tri Tomb history
- King Thieu Tri was the eldest son of King Minh Mang. He became king at age 34, ruled the country for 7 years (1841-1847), then died. When alive, the King doesn't worry about his own death, partly because he doesn't want to waste the time and property while the country still many important things to do. Until close to death, the king had commanded the prince: just built the simple tomb.
- According to the wish of father, King Tu Duc has selected a low mountain to build the tomb. This mountain was named Thuan Dao mountain, and named the tomb as Xuong Tomb. February 1848, the tomb started construction. The process of building the tomb took place quickly, only after three months of construction, the main works have been completed.
- By November 1848, King Tu Duc wrote a long essay with over 2500 texts, and ordered to engrave on the stele, to praise the merit of his father King Thieu Tri. Thus, from the start of construction until completion, Thieu Tri Tomb was constructed in less than 10 months.
Thieu Tri Tomb architecture
Thieu Tri Tomb uses hills and mountains surrounding to make an extensive wall of nature. Overall consists of the tomb and laced area:
The tomb area: in front of is Nhuan Trach lake through with Dien lake. Behind Nhuan Trach lake is Nghi Mon by copper, leads to wide courtyard. Two rows of stone statues on either side of the courtyard, is typical of sculpture art in the first half of the 19th century in Hue.
- Bi Dinh: situated on the hill with tortoise shell shaped, and have a carved stele of King Tu Duc, praise the merit of his father King Thieu Tri.
- Passing Ngung Thuy lake, with 3 bridges: Chanh Trung (middle), Dong Hoa (right), Tay Dinh (left), then arrives Buu Thanh, where King Thieu Tri corpses located.
The laced area: passing Nghi Mon by marble, walked up 3 stone steps, passing next Hong Trach Mon is arriving Buu Duc hall, where worship the king and Tu Du queen. In the hall, on the edges under the roofs and Hong Trach door, there are over 450 crossword, carved valuable poems about literature and education.
- The secondary works as Ta Huu Phoi hall (front), Ta and Huu institute (behind) gathered around Buu Duc hall, increasing nobility of this place.
- Opposite Dien lake, Bau Ho islet as a facade of the hall, with old pine shade pointing up the blue sky, despite sunny, rain and wind, like a mettle gentleman.
Overall, Thieu Tri Tomb has a simple beauty, behind based on the mountain, the front is a flat ground, with lush trees, and paddy fields stretching from Huong river to Lim bridge, creating a tranquil scenery.
Thieu Tri tomb
Map & Getting to Thieu Tri tomb
Hue imperial city
Hue royal antiquities museum
Gia Long tomb
Minh Mang tomb
Thieu Tri tomb
Tu Duc tomb
Khai Dinh tomb
An Dinh palace
Thien Mu pagoda
Dong Ba market
Truong Tien bridge
Thuan An beach
Bach Ma national park
Tam Giang lagoon
Lang Co beach
© 2012 - 2022 by